The Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) is a religious, educational, social, charitable and non-profit organization. MAC provides services and programs designed to assist in the holistic educational and spiritual development of the Muslim individual and family. A primary tenet of MAC is community involvement and service not only with the Muslim community, but with every community, regardless of faith or background.
We envision a time when:
- The prevalent understanding of Islam is one of balance, constructive engagement, and relevance to life.
- The understanding of Islam and Islamic values are commonplace in Canadian society and Islam and Muslims are not perceived as alien;
- Muslims are well represented in various aspects of Canadian society including the social, legal, and political circles, as well as the media; and
- MAC is at the forefront in articulating this vision, developing leadership, mobilizing grassroots, and offering institutional services in the community.
The Association firmly believes that the most optimal path forward for the Muslim Community and Islamic work in Canada is through the education, improvement, and training of each individual Muslim, each Muslim family and each local Muslim community. The path of education and self-development is a long and arduous path. Yet, we believe, based on our reading of the life of the Prophet and an understanding of Muslim history, that there is no alternative to this sometimes slow and painstaking endeavor.
The basic unit through which education and self-development takes place is the Usrah (Arabic for family). The Usrah is a small group of individuals who meet regularly and go through a graduated study program. This also include discussions of local issues, charitable events, as well as community challenges and opportunities.
MAC Calgary Chapter has been serving the Muslim community since 1999 through its diverse programs and activities:
- MAC Islamic School (Full-time School)
- Al-Salam Academy (Weekend Quran / Arabic School)
- MAC Youth Programs
- MAC Give
- MAC United Soccer Club
- EMAAN (Educational Muslim Achievements Awards Night)
By the Grace of Allah first, and the generousity of Calgary’s Muslim community second, the Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) has established Al-Salam Centre that provides youth and community services.
The consists of:
- KG to Grade 4 School
- Youth Centre
- Community Centre
AlHamdullellah we have been running many programs for the whole Muslim community since establishing the centre, including:
- Educational Programs
- Youth Activities
- Sports Programs
- Quran & Arabic School
- Daawa Activities
Al-Salam Centre aims to grow and nurture our Muslim youth in an Islamic and supportive environment. Please visit the centre’s website to find out more details about the centre: